This is an Annabel Langbein recipe. I love her dessert recipes because they’re simple and always turn out delicious! This one is perfect for the hot Summer.
- 150g plain sweet biscuits
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 250g ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries
1) Line the base of a cake tin with baking paper.
2) Make the base by crushing the biscuits in a food processor. Pour the crumbs into a medium bowl and add the coconut, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir well to combine.
3) Press firmly into the base of the prepared tin. It doesn’t need to be a thick layer – just enough to cover the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate the base while you prepare the filling.
4) Place egg whites, sugar, sliced strawberries, lemon juice and vanilla in the clean, dry bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high speed for about 6-8 minutes until the mixture is very thick and fluffy and the sugar has dissolved.
5) Spoon the filling over the chilled base, smooth the top, cover with a sheet of baking paper and freeze for at least 4 hours. The cake will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
6) Garnish with fresh raspberries.